Most of you are probably feeling the finals week crunch right about now. Don't worry, that's totally normal. It probably hasn't quite hit you that you are actually done with those classes you've struggled with all semester. And for those of you who attended the football game on Friday night; this weekend has probably been a little bit more painful than a normal study weekend. But have no fear--the end of the semester is near. (Yes, I realize that was an extremely corny rhyme, but I felt the need put it in there anywhere.)
In the last week, it has finally started to sink into my brain that I won't be in Missoula next semester. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited to go on my exchange. But, part of me is a little sad. As a fourth year student (on the five year plan) I am at a point where a lot of my friends who came to school at the same time as I did are graduating. This means that they won't be here when I get back next summer. I guess that's part of the process in college though. We all come together, form bonds, build friendships, then leave to find careers in the 'real world'. I've known that I was going to be leaving a lot of good friends but now that it's almost go time, it's really hitting home.
So not only am I dealing with the sadness of leaving so many great friends with hopes of making new friends in Wales, I'm also trying to concentrate on my finals. But it's been hard. How can I study for a test when I have offers to hang out with friends that I may not see for six months, a year, or worse....never again? I've definitely shifted priorities lately. I'd rather see my friends than get that extra study time in. Is it worth a lower grade? I'd like to think so. Good luck to everyone on your finals. I hope you do well and don't get too stressed out over this week. And to all my friends and acquaintances, call me this week. I'd love to grab coffee, chat over lunch, or go out to dinner. We can even make it a study date. Hope you all get that grade you've been working all semester to achieve.
12.11.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment