9.15.2008

Life's too short

For some reason I've been thinking a lot today about everything that I want to accomplish in my life. I don't really keep a timeline and I don't think that one should feel defeated if they don't accomplish things but this is just my ideal perception of the future. So, here it goes in no particular order.

-Live in a big city (London, L.A., New York, Austin, Paris) where the world is at your fingertips and anything and everything you've ever dreamt of is within your reach.

-Fall in love...I mean real love. None of that fairytale storybook bullshit that we've had engrained in our impressionable minds since gradeschool.

-Love self-lessly...some people know what this is, for instance, my parents who have been married for 34 years and love for the sake of their spouse. But this is something that I can only pray to exprience.

-Make a difference. Now I know that is a bold statement, but I'm not trying to create a revolution, I just want to impact at least one person's life positively. It could be something as powerful as helping them find faith, or something as simple as them meeting their favorite band. I just want to know that in some way, somehow, I made a positive impact on them.

-Love my family. No matter how much they drive me crazy, no matter how many miles apart we are, no matter what I do to dissappoint them, I want to know that our love is stronger than any obstacle that may arise.

-Exude happiness. You know how some people always say that they love their life? Well I don't want to be one of those people. I want others to know that I am living a happy life by the manner in which I present myself. I hope people can look at me and automatically know that I am happy with the decisions that I have made.

-Live up to expectations. Not the expectations of others, but the expectations of myself. I want to look back on the decisions I have made and either be proud, or else have learned from the not so great decisions I have made in my life. How else can we grow?

With that, I will close. But I challenge you all to examine your own situation. Because we don't measure our time on this earth, it is a gift that we are privelaged to be a part of every day.

No comments: