2.08.2008

Across the Universe

All you need is love. And I think I'm in love. His name is Jim. He's from England. He's got the most amazing voice. His eyes are filled with passion. He's an actor. He's about 28. And he's perfect in every way.



One little problem...I haven't met him yet and he doesn't technically know I exist.



I'm stalking....I mean talking about Jim Sturgess, the gorgeous boy who plays Jude in the film Across the Universe. It is such a good movie. It's based in the 60s but all of the issues that it covers are issues that we are currently going through right now. AND, all of its songs are Beatles' songs re-done by the cast. With a tagline like "Within the lyrics of the world's most famous songs, lives a story that has never been told. Until now." How could you not be intrigued?



The songs are amazing. I bought the soundtrack right after I watched the movie in the theaters and haven't been able to stop singing and thinking about the songs since. I'm falling in love with the Beatles in an entirely new way. The cast does such a good job. There are even guest appearances by Bono (of U2) and Salma Hayek.


This film touches on war, love, friendship, music, art, absent parents, losing a love, losing a child, and almost every human emotion you can think of. I will admit that a few scenes are a bit odd (like when the colors are inverted to simulate an acid trip), however, given the time it is portraying and the music that goes along with it I felt that it was a perfect fit for this film.

They lived without rules. They loved without fear. But as the world changed, so did they.

No comments: